Good morning everyone,
I just wanted to touch base on a few things.
With the Governor's new orders closing school buildings through the rest of the school year, we will continue our current learning platform. Our plan is that we will continue to offer educational materials/lessons through May 29th with the week of June 1-4 to get things finalized. Our last mailings of school work will go out May 20th. I know this is not ideal and we miss seeing your students very much. In contacting lots of families the last few weeks there are a few things to remember.
- Do your best, but don't be a perfectionist. I have talked to a couple parents with students that are really struggling because they want everything perfect and it is hard to do so with the online learning. Please remember we are going to pass/fail for a reason. We will keep track of the work turned in to justify a grade, but in the end at times like these, it is effort that makes a big difference.
- Please remember we are here to help you however we can. I have some great paraprofessionals that are ready to step in and meet with your child one on one if needed. We also have several teachers setting up smaller groups to meet and discuss schoolwork. If you are struggling at home helping your student, please reach out.
- Our guidance counselor and school psychologist are also supporting students that need social/emotional help. This is a hard thing to explain to students, so please don't be afraid to contact them for assistance.
- If the internet is becoming an issue or too much screen time, we can send paper copies home to help.
- Starting next week we are going to streamline lesson plans into one click. The links below will take you to a Google Sheet with each subject having a tab at the bottom. Once you click that tab you can see what is going on in each class for that week. We will also save the prior weeks work in case a student gets behind. These links will also be posted on the school's website in order to help. It is our goal you can go to one link to help find out what your student is working on. Some of these are already updated for this week's work. Students and parents will still get emails from their teachers, so it is important to keep checking those moving forward.
- We are currently working on students' gym items and will look at having them bagged up and ready for pick up in the next few weeks
- Our library system is looking at getting new books in students' hands. Please stay tuned for more details to come.
- If it helps, we are still offering school lunches twice a week. These meals are for anyone 18 and under in the household. Please contact Matt Wenthe at email@example.com to sign up.
Again, please let me know how we can help during these difficult times or contact me with any concerns or questions.